Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

This is my X’mas gift: Vinod Kambli

For Sachin Tendulkar’s bum chum Vinod Kambli, his friend’s fiftieth Test ton is the best Christmas gift he has got this winter.

http://sundaytimes.lk/970525/p13.jpg

In pic: Young Sachin Tendulkar and Vinod Kambli during their school days

The south-paw knew that this moment would come soon and what better situation than to help India recover from rough waters.

“It is the best Christmas gift I got from Sachin. Immediately after he reached the milestone I left for Church to thank God. I have been praying for this moment for a long time,” said Kambli.

“It’s difficult to express my feelings in words. I knew that this was coming. He missed out during the New Zealand series. But I was confident that he would not lose this opportunity against South Africa especially when the situation was so difficult. He did a great job to pull India out from rough waters,” he added.

The 38-year-old, however, finds it difficult to pick his favourite Tendulkar innings. “I have seen each and every century of his. Hence, it is not easy to choose his best century innings.” –DNA INDIA

No comments:

Post a Comment